We all wish to have an amazing display on our PC and TV screens. However, getting so is only possible when you buy a great quality display. In some cases, even after great care, it is impossible to maintain a good screen. Slight pressure and mismanagement can lead to the creation of pressure points on an LCD. It is possible because the liquid crystals are liable to be pressured and will ultimately end up with pressure points after a few years of use.
Now the question is. Should you replace that LCD or repair it all on your own? In some cases, people just get annoyed and tend to get rid of the LCD. This approach is fair enough if you have the money to buy another LCD. However, in some cases, doing so would be a waste of time and money.
You might be really surprised to know that you can actually fix this issue at home without much struggle. In this article, we intend to share with you a few tips that will help you in removing the pressure points on your LCD.
Table of Contents
The Simple Method
The reason why we labeled it as the simple method was because of its science. You do not require any type of tool for this method.
All you are supposed to do is observe your laptop or LCD. Then shutting it down, and fixing the pressure points while the screen is turned on, will worsen the situation. While doing this method, many people tend to think that it will be better to observe the screen when it is turned on and fix it at that time. It might seem intelligent, but it’s not. The reason why anyone would think that keeping the screen turned on is good is because the idea that it would help them understand if the method is carrying any good results.
Now once your laptop or LCD is turned off, you should try to apply a little pressure on the points where there is the fault. Make sure that you try to release the air trapped inside the screen.
To do so, you must press the screen from a little distance from the spot. Now slide your finger/hands towards the spot. When you do so, you will see that the spot is now moving, and you can take it to the border of the screen. Move it till you reach the border of the LCD. Now you may leave it.
Using a Suction cup
This would be a hard method, and anyone who has never been near screws or any technical task should not get involved.
You need to follow these steps to remove the pressure points with the help of a suction cup.
- If you are using a mounted monitor, then the ideal way would be to remove the monitor from the wall. In case, it is a TV, then also you must take it down.
- Now with the help of suitable screws, you must remove the bolts and screws from the rear panel of the screen. You need to practice it and handle the screen very carefully.
- Then palace the screen in a safe place. Remember that every LCD screen is very delicate, and a slight hit can damage the entire screen. After all, it has liquid inside.
- Make sure that you have also removed any type of cables and speakers connected with the screen.
- Next, you will need to remove the monitor panel. It requires some help too. Feel free to ask any of your family members to help you through this.
- Then there will be the white diffuser sheets. One should remove these sheets too. Do not rip them apart. If you have not studied the components of a monitor before, then you must do so before getting into it.
- Once you feel that you have reached the bottom line, hold the suction cup, and move it across the screen where there is the pressure point. Ensure that you do not press the screen, as it will damage it. Do it very gently, just as you are cleaning a baby.
- If the pressure point is created on the upper surface of the screen, then this method will be the finest choice to remove it.
- Now put everything with the help of fasteners back in position.
Of Course, any LCD owner will need to follow special care instructions. If you do not wish to get in such trouble, then here are a few tips to avoid it.
- Always adjust the screen according to the said adjustments. No one should hurry while putting the device in place.
- Always keep your index finger or hand at the back of the LCD screen while you are carrying it or moving it from one place to another.
- You must also gently clean the screen with a wipe every week. This will reduce the chance of some major stains on the screen.
To get rid of these pressure points, the best thing would be to remove the panels or get a new screen. You should not touch or open the screen if you are a novice and have no experience in doing so. It might risk the LCD, and you can end up breaking it. The last resort would be to contact a professional to fix it.